How To Measure: Blinds
Decide whether you want your blind to be fixed in the recess of your window or on the outside of you window.
Measuring recess blinds
- When measuring inside the recess take the exact measurement. DO NOT TAKE ANY ALLOWANCE OFF - WE WILL DO THIS.
- Measure the width of the TOP of the recess and the BOTTOM of the recess.
- Measure from the top to the bottom lengthways on both sides of the window.
NOTE: Take into account any obstructions such as window handles and tiled areas within the recess.
Measuring outside the window recess
- Decide how far above the window you require your blind. Measure from this point down to where you want the blind to finish. Roman blinds should be at least 15cm above the window.
- Measure the width of the window and then add at least 5cm each side or where you wish to the blind to finish.